Wednesday, November 5, 2014

MTC Week 5 - November 4, 2014 - I can almost smell the crepes!


Srs. King and Simpson
Switched for Halloween
My week was great overall. Wednesday, Sr. King and I had an awesome lesson with Hospice about Baptism, the Priesthood, and the Spirit. It is so cool to be able to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ in a different language. I'm still amazed that I can even do it. but with the Spirit, all things are possible. Sr. King and I are getting a lot better at balancing out speaking. I'm working hard at just not speaking and making her speak. She is fantastic and knows a whole lot more than she gives herself credit for, so it's good for her to see that she really can do it. We had some great lessons this week. Last night, we taught Laeticia about La Parole de Sagesse (word of wisdom) because on our last rendez-vous we followed up about reading the Book of Mormon and she said that when she reads, she doesn't have
TRAVEL PLANS!
the desire to smoke anymore, and she's smoked since she was 9 years old! SO cool. So this lesson we taught her why that was and how our bodies are gifts from God and we need to respect and take good care of them. Frere Kunzler acted as a convert member who smoked previously, which was such a blessing and an aid. It is SOOOO helpful to have members in lessons. So, I encourage all who are able to find out how they can go teach with the missionaries. I wish I would have done that before leaving. So do it!
 

It was a bit sad on Thursday, Elder Gunn went home, but he said he should be able to come back in 6 months. We've been praying for him as a district and individually. I pray he does what he needs to so he can come back. I know he will bless lives, as he has already blessed ours.

Today we went to the BYU devotional with Elder Evans speaking. It was a fun fieldtrip and quite the
Our new building 4M,
the Matthew Cowley building,
but I like to think of
as the "Matthew Crawley" building.
I find it quite fitting.
#downtownforever
sight to see 1,500 missionaries all in a line making their way to the Marriott Center. I tried super hard to look for Spencer, but no luck. I did however, run into Sister Syd Taylor again as we were walking over and had quite a lovely catch up. Gotta love those Taylors. Elder Evans talked about the word "tenacity" and how everyone needs to work with tenacity in every aspect of their lives. He emphasized missionary work, which is why we were there, and it was just so great. It is such a blessing to have devotionals all the time. So much to be learned and so little time. I am so glad we have all of life to keep learning. I hope and pray to use my time more efficiently and wisely when I return home to work harder at school and my education. It is SO important. Which includes gospel education as well.

My wonderful companion
and I on her Birthday!
We went to the temple today for the last time for the next 17 months. It was wonderful. We did an Endowment session and what a blessing it is to be so close to the temple. While I'm in France/Belgium/Luxembourg, y'all better go all the time, because I can't. The temple brings such blessings, and not just for you, but for our brothers and sisters beyond the veil. Do whatever you can to get to the temple. I know it is the House of the Lord.

Well, I don't have much more time, but I love you. I wish you the best and pray for your safety, happiness, and well-being. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I am so filled with joy being a missionary, and I know everyone can feel the same by living and sharing the teachings and love of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. I know I'm not perfect, but I know I can do this as long as I rely on our Savior. France is only 5 days away and I'm probably not going to even know what has hit me, but I know I will be okay and I know Jesus Christ will be with me every step of the way.

All the best, and Vive la France!

Avec amour,

Soeur Kate Simpson



A few things I forgot! Sr. King and I sang in the MTC choir for the Tuesday night Devotional where
Notre Halloween FETE!
(our halloween party)
Elders Taylor, Edmunds, and Carson
feasting on the apples,
cupcakes, and word of God.
Sister Rosemary M. Wixon, the General Primary President, spoke. SO cool. We sang one of my favorite hymns, "Lead Kindly Light" and oh heavens it was just beautiful. There is so much strength and spirit in music. I can't wait to be able to listen to music in France. Hymns are the best. Sister Wixom's husband shared a quote that I love,

"I love people who yearn for impossible."

Because guess what, with God, NOTHING is impossible. So basically, you can do anything with The Lord on your side.

Also, I wrote down Alma 36:3 in my planner to write on my email, but I don't remember why. So read it, and tell me your thoughts and how you can apply it in your life. I love the scriptures and know they are blessings in our life.

So, ya. Love you all. Be good. Do more. Look outward!

-Soeur Kate Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment