Saturday, November 8, 2014

The LAST MELON*


Sister Miley Johnson from high school
heading to the
Washington, D.C. South mission
in 1 1/2 weeks.
She just got here this week
and I finally saw her!
What even is life. I don't even know.
Just kidding. I do know. Life is a blessing from God to learn, grow, and be happy with families by following the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Here I am, at the MTC, on my last 2 days aux états-unis. This week has flown by and it was awesome. Thursday, Frere Ritchie taught for the last time. He left some great advice, and shared his testimony for the last time with us. What a great teacher. Although, I will admit that it was harder to say goodbye to Soeur Kellett. She is amazing. I love her everso much and I cannot even express how much I have learned from her and from the spirit when she teaches. She is so happy, so encouraging, and so wonderful. I hope to adopt many of her attributes some day.

The MTC is absolutely incredible. During our last time with Sr. Kellett, a flood of memories camecrashing down on me and I just cried. It definitely did not help that we sang "God be with you 'til we met again" en Francais. I could hardly mutter the words through my quivering voice and stream of tears. Sr. King giggled at my attempt to sing and cry. It was a tender moment. It's the first time I've cried since being on my mission. I didn't even cry leaving my family (okay, I shed a few tears, but I knew I would see them again). The MTC is such a special place and I know it is a place of God. During my stay here I have often thought about just how cool the MTC is. Nowhere else in the world is there a facility as large and extensive as the Missionary Training Center, Provo. No where. There are 25+ languages taught and learned, 2,000 kids learning for 15+ hours/day, most just graduating high school, all with the same purpose: Prepare to invite others to come unto Jesus Christ through faith in Him and His Atonement, repentance, baptism by proper authority, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. IT IS JUST SO AMAZING.

Imagining what the next 16 3/4 months are going to be like just makes me SO excited. Knowing they will be even better and full of opportunities to learn and grow gives me incomprehensible joy. This gospel is true. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the restored church and was restored by a prophet, Joseph Smith. I know God and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith. He was called of God to restore the true and living gospel and to translate the Book of Mormon, a record of the ancient people of the Americas. It contains the fullness of the gospel and has brought me more happiness, guidance, and peace than any other source. Prayer is real. God loves me. He loves you and he wants to hear from us. We are a giant family. I truly love my sisters and brothers here at the MTC, and expect to love the people of France, Belgium, and Luxembourg even more. I love being a missionary. I love being a daughter of God. I love you.

I shall be in France in less than 72 hours. I still cannot comprehend such a statement. I am so excited. I pray for the help of the Spirit to do what is needed for the people I am called to serve. We are all tools in the Lord's hands, we simply must ask what are task is and go do it. I am grateful for a family who has taught me to work, to love, to have fun, and to be obedient; all of which go hand-in-hand.

God bless America! Vive la France! The Church is true!

Avec amour,
Soeur Kate Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment