Monday, May 18, 2015

Interviews, ZC, Versailles, Nancy - 18 mai 2015

Bonjour tout le monde,
I hope you are doing well. It was a wonderfully busy week. Interviews with President and Soeur Babin were absolutely splendid. Such inpsired people. Zone Conference on wednesday went well! Our training wasn't too bad, so all is well! It was a great conference. I love these missionaries. Good kids, everyone of them. :) Right after ZC I headed out to Versailles with Soeur Bell! Versailles is beautiful. wow. I haven't seen so much greenery since I was in America. Living in Paris for so long, even Nogent a suburb of Paris, it's buildings everywhere. Oh it was a lovely change of scenery. We taught their ami who is committed to be baptized, Monica from Portugal. The lesson was in English, which was actually somewhat of a challenge for me, a good sign, right! Sr. Bell is wonderful and we had some amazing discussions during our times contacting the few people out. It was too short of an exchange, but every minute was not wasted! 

Soeur Van Den Berghe and I
enjoying our delightful Kebabs. 
For real, America needs Kebabs. 
Nancy
Then almost strait to Nancy, except Sr. Tupai left her Carte Jeune, which is an ID to prove we are student age and get the discounted price for train tickets... so we missed our train, had to go back home, traded our tickets, and got on the next train to Nancy. It's a TGV train, so it's a high speed train that goes all over France. It only took 75 minutes to get all the way to Nancy, which is nearly Germany!
I was with Soeur Van Den Berghe, a soeur that was in the MTC with me. It was also a wonderful exchange. AND we had another Japanese miracle! It was 8:40pm, raining, and we didn't have an umbrella, slightly soaked, but we decided to pray and keep contacting until it was time. Sr. VDB stopped this young lady with head phones in who was looking down at the ground. We ended up having a wonderful discussion about God, Jesus Christ, and the Restoration, all of which Chiharu had never heard of before, being Buddhist and Shinto growing up. I told her "I am a child of God" in Japanese, this time all of it, and we ended up planning a time to meet and she became a new investigator! It was a last minutes miracle! 

When we finally got in, we knocked on the door, and two British ladies answered, definitely not who we were looking for. Well, never the matter, they were ever so helpful and so kind. they helped us find the member and even let us pray with them. Bev and Christine from Wales. They were renting the apartment for a weekend in Paris and their husbands had run to the market. How quaint. 

(pic missing)
This is Stephanie. Super cute Chinese recent convert that Soeur Tupai and Soeur Stevens taught back in Nogent. She took us to a Japanese restaurant today for lunch. She is absolutely a joy and is silly as ever. How grateful I am for these people in my life.
Using our "Psych" skills
to get into this building
to visit a less active...
Pretty much pro.
I wish and pray all the best for each and every one of you! How much joy there is in
After getting back to Paris finally,
we didn't go back home
because we wanted
to use all the time
 possible for finding.
We both were nearly dying of thirst,
okay not really, but kind of.
Luckily for us, here in Paris
 there are these lovely water
fountains scattered about!
No worries, we sanitized our hands first.
What a blessing! 
 living the gospel of Jesus Christ. I read President Uchtdorf's talk from a few conferences ago, "Living the Gospel Joyful" and oh how true his words are. I have felt, seen, and learned of so much joy by continuously trying to do my best in following and keeping the commandments and the covenants which I have made. My questions to you today are: What brings you true joy? How do you find joy, even in the hardest of times?
I know that I find true joy in following our Savior, Jesus Christ. I have never been so joyful in my life that I have been serving a mission and sharing the joy I find with those around me. I know that you can find true joy by following, living, and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Have such a splendid week! 
Love,   
Soeur Simpson


No comments:

Post a Comment