Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"One Day More!" - 28 avril 2015

What. A. Week.

Soeur Tane et moi at our
last district meeting in Nogent
Gournay-sur-Marne
The last district meeting with one of my favorite districts yet. We then did service at the Mourier's house where we held the meeting and had a delish barbeque. I LOVED working in the yard. Yes, mom, I miss working in the yard. It does the body so much good. Good old hard work. Good times.

We spent a lot of the week with members, seeing as Soeur Tane is going home tomorrow and the chances of me leaving were high. It was so good to talk and share with the members of this beloved
The wonderful Leconte Family
I have done service every
Thursday at their house for 5 months.
I LOVE this family.
What incredible Saints
ward. I love them so much, it's truly my 2nd home ward. We ate with the Angulos, Kusselings, Allanics, and Judas.

Saturday we had our missionary musical fireside for our ward and the branch of Aulnay. It seemed a bit like it would be a disaster, French fire sides are not like American firesides. It was on the stage, with colored lights, and spa music with Frere Kusseling and his daughter narrating. BUT it turned out to be really relaxing, filled with the spirit, and all was well. I sang two songs, "Venez voir" and "Joy in the Morning" with the soeurs. Super high range, but we did it and we didn't break any glass. Valerie came, and tons of members brought friends and neighbors. It was a great night.

All fresh and clean!
The newest member of the
Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter day Saints
Valérie.
What a miracle and a blessing.
Sunday, my last Sunday in Nogent, was beautiful. Church was great. and the best part of the day, Valerie entered the waters of baptism and was baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. She is amazing, absolutely amazing. Her commitment to completely change her life and everything about it is inspiring. She is determined and diligent, an incredible example to us all. What a beautiful way to finish out the transfer.

Yesterday we had a full-mission conference, with every missionary in the mission gathered together in Versailles for iPad training. Elder Kearon and Elder Neilsen of the Seventy came and gave the training and it was wonderful. The possibilities given to us through technology to communicate and share the gospel is immense and we are just getting
The Soeurs of Nogent with Valerie
just before being baptized
Soeur Simpson, Soeur Tane,
Soeur Brandenburg,
Soeur Waite, Soeur Castillo
Nogent-sur-Marne
started. I am grateful to serve in this time where the Lord is hastening His work through the tools He has given us. We didn't get the iPads due to something going wrong in Germany, but they will be coming shortly. It's going to change the way this mission does missionary work and it's going to be wonderful. The effects of technology + the gospel have already been spreading like crazy and what a glorious time to be alive!

Donna! An amie that has never
come to church and
she just showed up on Sunday!
Super cool!
Serving with Soeur Tane has been such a blessing for me. I have learned and grown more than I thought I could and for that, I am forever grateful. It's weird to imagine her not being in the mission anymore, but I am excited for her to continue her life and live all that she has learned and become. I love her so much. I am also so grateful for Soeur Brandenburg and the opportunity to serve with her, even if it's just been a week and a half. I am just filled with gratitude in my heart
MTC comp: Soeur King!
and pray all the best for them.

Well, this week is transfers, as in tomorrow. I recieved a call from the Assistants on Saturday before the répertoire was sent out, and I have been assigned to serve as a Sister Training Leader (STL) in the secteur: Paris. Holy cannoli. It is quite a bit of a change going from my Bleue-ville to Paris STL, but I am grateful for the opportunity and hope I can give all that I can in helping and serving the sisters of this mission. My new companion is Soeur Tupai, a Tahitian in her 13th transfer, and who is my "grandma"
Trainer: Soeur Stevens
on the mission. She trained Soeur Stevens, so I was basically trained by Soeur Tupai too. I am so excited to serve with her. She is an amazing missionary and an amazing person. I couldn't be happier and more filled with joy, love, and gratitude.

The Lord Jesus lives. He is our brother and He is with us always. I am grateful for all that He has done and all that He does for me, and everyone in my life. I know His gospel is true and it was restored by the prophet Joseph Smith by the priesthood authority
Cacharelle, a recent convert
in our ward
I didn't bring a jacket
and she gave me hers
to borrow; so nice!
We had a lovely mangez-vous
with her last night.
of God. What a blessing and a strength it is to have the gospel in my life.

Thank you for all you do and all you are. Keep doing all the good you do in the world. Every effort is not wasted; it's the little things, truly, that make a big difference.

Well, One Day More! until Paris. I love you all and pray all the best for you!

Avec amour,
Sœur Kate Simpson

P.S. my new address is

Les Missionnaires
Sœur Kate Simpson
63 rue de la Tombe Issoire
75014 Paris
France

Check out this bear!
JK it's a dog, no worries

No comments:

Post a Comment