Monday, March 23, 2015

"There she goes" - 23 mars 2015

Bonjour tout le monde! I hope all is well! We had a pretty good week this week good old Nogent sur Marne.

Miracle of the Livre du Secteur (area book)
Organizing le Livre du Secteur
Nogent-sur-Marne
Sr. Tane, Sr. Dufour, et moi
So, in preparation for the STLs coming to join the work in the Nogent ward, we cleaned out our Livre du Secteur and organized it all nice and properly. I love order and cleanliness. It felt so great. Well, we then began to call all of the old investigators that didn't have addresses and hadn't been in-touch with the missionaries for a while. We called them all during the week, and every one of them said they were too busy, the number didn't work anymore, or they weren't interested. EXCEPT Juliette. She didn't answer our call, but she called us back when we were in a lesson with a member family and we set up a rendez-vous! She has been off the records and out of contact with missionaries and the church since January of 2012. Two thousand twelve. Well, this
668 steps later...
I'm on top of the world, hey!
La tour Eiffel
Me, Sr. Dufour, Sr. Farmer
Sunday, yesterday, we went to her apartment, met her and had a lovely lesson of the plan of salvation after finding out her sister had died the week before and was struggling with the death of another family member too. The Spirit was incredibly present and the 3 of us felt the invitation to baptism was needed. Soeur Dufour, for the first and last time in France, invited Juliette to follow the example of our Savior Jesus Christ by being baptized by the priesthood authority of God. She said, "Yes. yes, I will."

I am so grateful for the valiant soeurs who served here 3 years ago and planted the seeds in Juliette's soul so that they could grow inside and soften her heart to be ready and accept the Gospel now. You never can give up. Ever.

It was an awesome Sunday, a perfect way to end the week!

"there she goes... there she goes again"
Au revoir ma sœur! Bon voyage!
Aéroport Charles de Gaulle
This morning, we woke up at 5:30am and headed to Charles de Gaulle International Airport to take our daughter, Soeur Dufour, to her plane to America. As I type this, she is traversing the Atlantic Ocean and is on her way to Salt Lake City, home sweet home. She'll be in the MTC for 6 weeks, I believe, she may be let out early for good English, haha, and then to Temple Square! It has been such a wonderful adventure and blessings galore to serve with her. She is incredible and will be such a blessing to Temple Square.

In personal study, one day this week, I did a little study activity in the end of chapter one of Preach My Gospel, and it asked to write down how I have come to know in my life that our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith. As I thought about the experiences that have built my testimony of Joseph Smith and the First Vision, the Holy Ghost reconfirmed all of my feelings that I know to be true. I know that Jesus Christ and God the Father appeared to Josph Smith. I cannot deny it. I invite you to do the same this week. Reflect and write down the experiences and ways that you have gained a testimony of the First Vision, or how you can gain a testimony of it.

I pray all the best for you all! Be good. Do more. Look outward. Smile. Take lots of photos!

Love,
Soeur Kate Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment